The Admission & Registration department is responsible for a variety of tasks. Most responsibilities are centered on: student admission, student record, student registration, timetable, and a part of examination tasks. The dept. also has a help desk manned by full-time staff that are trained to provide customer service between 8 am and 8 pm on all working days. Students requesting services that are not related to the A&R department are guided to the respective department.
The student can enroll in our university using our online admission which is available in the admission part on the Homepage. In addition, students can apply for equalization through an online application and the applicant will get the initial and final equalized courses through the email registered in the application. On the other side, AOU is using online services which allow students to register for the courses and view the timetable. Academic plans, student transcripts, appeals, and other services are provided by online services too.
Some of the Admission & Registration responsibilities are mentioned below:
- To manage Newly registered students count and data
- To maintain/manage all continuing and graduate students' records and generate any statistical report related to them.
- To coordinate and administer all university regulations regarding admission registration, and examination
- To generate Academic calendars and schedules for AOU.
- To produce instructive regulations for some bylaws when needed.
- To manage examination sessions and provide branches with exams copies
- To generate grades ratification reports, and manage student appeals and complaints.
- To check prospected to graduate transcripts then proceed in their graduation
- To provide the student with OU and AOU certificate
- To generate forms and template to unify the processes between branches
And many more tasks.