The Financial Affairs Department at AOU Oman has several key roles. The most important one is the consistent application of the financial policies and procedures as prescribed in the AOU financial system. Its key roles are as follows:
- Cash management at AOU Oman.
- Prepare, review, and analyze the consolidated financial reports of AOU Oman as a whole and compare them with the approved budget.
- Preparation and review of the consolidated budget of the AOU Oman.
- Engagement with the external auditor as mandated by AOU HQ
- Engagement with the internal auditor periodically as per bylaws
- Updating the financial system with new data for up-to-date information.
- Recording, delivering, and maintaining all tasks of the financial department and its units.
- Working on developing and ensuring smooth functioning of the work-environment.