The Faculty of Education was established in 2002. It currently offers six academic programmes at different levels, and each programme aims at helping students acquire the skills of teaching and scientific research. Instruction and study materials are all in Arabic, with the exception of our Master’s programmes that offer references in both Arabic and English.
The faculty offered two degrees within the first two years starting, from October 2002: a postgraduate Diploma and a supplementary Bachelor’s degree in Education. Since October 2004, the faculty has offered a Bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education and another Bachelor’s degree in Special Education. Two Master’s Programmes were also offered in 2011 and 2014: one in Educational Technology and another in Educational Leadership.
In 2014, the Masters programme in Instructional Technology was validated by the Center for Inclusion and Collaborative Partnerships of the Open University, UK. Graduates of this programme are offered two degrees: one from the Arab Open University and another from the Open University, UK.
The faculty is also interested in offering training programmes that help serve the larger community. Some of the field areas covered in our training programmes include: learning difficulties, Autism, gifted children, nurseries, and modern teaching methodologies.
The Deanship looks forward to reaching for excellent level by its freshmen through the general courses that it offers in accordance with the accredited academic standards.
The Deanship is committed to provide students with the necessary skills in self-learning and develop their cultural and linguistic level in order to empower them to pursue their higher education successfully.
To achieve this mission, the goals of the deanship are as follows:
- Developing specialized staff in education by equipping our students with the knowledge and scientific and practical skills that are in accordance with modern, educational methods in the relevant fields
- Expanding academic programs on the undergraduate and graduate levels
- Valuing elements of creativity, intellectual that are parallel to modern developments
- Ensuring freedom, and professional growth for faculty and students
- Working hard to attract outstanding students.
- Contributing to the advancement of curriculum development and educational reform through continuous development and evaluation of programs offered, as well as conducting theoretical and applied research in this field.
- Developing the abilities and skills of the faculty and administrative members.
- Promoting the communication skills for students and helping them acquire critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Adopting projects and partnerships with higher education and local community institutions.
- Incorporating teaching methods that use the latest technological innovations and teaching aids in the teaching-learning process.
- Providing students with the necessary knowledge and skills to continue with their specialized courses.
- Empowering students with general knowledge, which allows their professional and technical specializations to have additional knowledge-based and humanitarian dimensions, which enhance their level of awareness.
- Providing students with the cultural, developmental, and social dimensions of their Arab societies.